Cramond Residence is set in the tranquil village of Cramond, where the River Almond meets the Firth of Forth. Only 20 minutes from the bustle of Edinburgh city centre and a short walk to the shore, it offers a haven for our residents, staff and guests alike.
Local places of interest
- The River Almond, harbour and the shore are popular destinations for visitors and offer beautiful walks and scenery.
- When the tide is out, walk along the coastal causeway to explore Cramond Island.
- Visit nearby Lauriston Castle. This 16th century tower house has stunning gardens and grounds overlooking the Firth of Forth.
- The Maltings exhibition hall showcases local history from the Roman era and the Dark ages, through to more modern times.
- The lovely Cramond Walled Garden is adjacent to the ruins of a Roman Fort and has a children’s play area.
- Local art galleries include the Blue Easel Gallery and the Little Gatehouse Gallery.